Major Areas of Discovery:
- Racial inequities in cardiovascular risk factors and outcomes.
- Cardiovascular function: distribution, evolution, predictors, and abnormalities. e.g., Carotid IMT, Coronary calcium, LVM
- The role of diet, physical activity, and fitness in body composition, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, diabetes, inflammation, lipids, blood pressure.
- The role of psychosocial factors (e.g., stress, discrimination, social support) on health.
- Social and environmental determinants of health, including health care access.
- The influence of genetics on health.
- Lung function: distribution, evolution, predictors, and abnormalities.
- Women’s health with a special focus on pregnancy-related issues.